Effective date: 1 February 2021
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Data Controller and EU Representative
- Information we collect
- How we use your information
- Who may receive your information
- Your privacy choices
- Data retention & security
- Cross-border transfers
- Third-Party Services
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Policy updates & contacting us
1. Data Controller and EU Representative
|Data Controller||ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com, |
U.S. Address: 2234 N. Federal Hwy, Ste 3031
Boca Raton, FL, 33431
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
|EU Representative||NOTICE: ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com is for use by United States residents only. Data collected from European Union consumers will be automatically removed from our systems.|
2. Information we collect
To run our service and show you relevant content and advertisements, we need to know a little about you and your interests. Here we outline what information ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com collects, and how we collect it.
When you sign a petition via our ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com platform, an account is created for you in our database and all of your activities on ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com are then tied to this account. In the chart below, we’ve detailed the information we may collect about you, depending on your activities on the platform, and how we obtain this information.
|What we collect||How we collect it|
|Your name.||We require you to provide a chosen name when you sign a petition on ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com.|
|Your email address.||We require you to provide an email address when you sign a petition on ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com.|
|Your password.||No password is required to sign a petition on ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com.|
|Your IP address. Your “IP Address” is a designator that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).||An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you use our website and services, along with the time of your visit and the specific page(s) that you visited.|
|Your postal address.||You may choose to provide your postal address in the location field when you sign a petition on ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com, however this is not a requirement to sign a petition.|
|Your telephone number.||You may choose to provide your telephone number when you sign a petition (where applicable) on ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com, however providing this information is not required to use the service, unless otherwise disclaimed on the signup form.|
|Your city.||We may use an IP service to suggest your city from your IP address, in order to show you local petitions that may be of interest. Providing a city is required to use the service.|
|Your country.||As mentioned above, we may use an IP service to suggest your city from your IP address, in order to show you local petitions that may be of interest. This enables us to determine your country. Providing a city is required to use the service.|
|Your specific activities on or connected to the ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com platform. These might include petitions you have signed, shared or promoted.||When you are signed a petition or are identified as particular ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com user, your activities on or connected to the ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com platform are automatically associated with you and your account within our database.|
|Any other information you voluntarily submit.||You may be offered the choice to provide other information to us. For example, we may collect information when you respond to user surveys. Providing this information is not required to use the service.|
|Your unique mobile device ID number if you access our services via a mobile application.||When you download and use any mobile applications we develop, we’ll collect your unique device ID and all your account and activity information will be tied to that unique device ID. In addition, we may track and collect app usage data, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the app. This information may be associated with your account.|
|The name of the browser you use to access ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com.||Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows PC or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com platform you are using. Collecting this information helps us build and deliver the best possible version of ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com to you.|
|Your social media account ID, and information shared with us via your social media account.||We may obtain certain information through your social media accounts connected to your ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com account, if you choose to link them. Linking a social media account is not required to access the service. For example, if you log in to ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com via Facebook, we ask for your permission to access certain information about your Facebook account, activities and friends. Social media sites make information available to all apps through their API, such as friend lists. The information we receive depends on what information you or the social media site decide to give us.|
|Information inferred about the issues you care about based on your activities on the platform.||As part of our efforts to connect people to causes that interest them, petitions you sign might be tagged by our users or by us as particular cause areas. For example, a petition may be tagged as “2nd Amendment rights” or “1st Amendment rights”. If you sign one petition tagged in a particular cause area, we may infer that you would be interested in other petitions tagged in the same way. We may also send you petitions that are relevant to your general geographic area.|
|Currently in the United States only, we use information available in public records, or other publicly available databases, such as civic data APIs which help match citizens with the elected officials who represent them at all levels in government.||In the United States, we may receive data from the “Google Civic Information API” that contains lists of federal congress people, state legislators and governors. That data is integrated into our platform to enable us to accurately target the correct decision-maker for the petition being signed by signers in the United States. Where applicable, we may also use this data to match petitions from a particular district to the right political representative. We do not share any user data via the “Google Civic Information API.”|
|The currency of any contributions made through ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com.||We infer your currency based on your country.|
Some of the information above reveals your specific identity, or is directly tied to your specific identity, such as your name and email address. Some of this information does not reveal your specific identity, or does not directly relate to you, such as your browser and device information or information collected through cookies. If we ever combine non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information, the combined information will be treated by us as personally identifying information and protected accordingly.
Our services are not directed to people under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from them.
3. How we use your information
Here are the ways we might use your information to run our platform, provide our services and serve you better content.
We and our service providers may use your information for our legitimate business interests in providing a petition platform that enables people to connect with issues of interest. Our legitimate business interests are explained below, alongside examples of how your information may be used for these purposes.
|Providing the functionality of our platform. We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you.||To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.To ensure that our site and apps function properly and are optimized for your computer or device and to store your preferences and settings.|
|To fulfill your specific requests through the platform. We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you.||To allow you to sign petitions. To allow you to participate in other activities on ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com platforms, sites and apps, as well as to complete and fulfill your transactions with us. To allow you to send email messages that you choose to send to your email contacts through our platform, such as to share a petition. By using this feature, you guarantee that you have the right to use and provide us the names and email addresses you submit. To facilitate the social sharing functionality that you choose to use, such as sharing content and petitions through the ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com platform and other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.|
|Analysis of personal information for business reporting and providing personalized services. We provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.||To personalise your experience by presenting petitions, campaigns and offers tailored to you based on information we have collected from you.We may anonymise, de-identify and/or aggregate information and use such information to better understand and serve our users or for optimisation of our marketing and targeting efforts. For example, we may compile statistics like the percentage of our users in a state or country who care about animal rights, or the age range of those users, or to analyze the performance of particular emails.|
|To share marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. We engage in this activity with your consent, or to manage our contractual relationship with you.||Communications related to petitions you’ve signed, other petitions that may be of interest, or petitions relevant to your location. Editorial communications about specific issues or about ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com. Communications about contributions to causes or about crowdfunding for a specific petition. Communications about becoming a member or subscriber of ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com. If you choose to provide your telephone number or postal address, which are not required, we may contact you by phone, SMS, or postal mail about the ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com contribution program or other ways you can support campaigns. Invitations to ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com events. To allow you to participate in events and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose information about you, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully. Most marketing communications will be sent via email and sometimes via social media. We might remind you about particular petitions or the ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com contribution program, if you have have not completed starting or signing or joining.|
4. Who may receive your information
Here we outline who may receive your information when it is shared either by you via the platform, or by us.
a. The ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com website
- All information you post on our platform (such as petitions you submit, reasons for signing a petition on the ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com) will be visible to other users. We do not monitor, verify, or perform any background check on petition signers, or other users of ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com.
- We consider an online petition to be a public expression of support for an issue. Therefore, your name, general geographic location (i.e. city, state, country) may be displayed on the landing page for any petition you sign, and on related areas of our platform. This information will be viewable to any visitor, including the media, search engines, and other organizations that provide archival internet activities. If you do not wish to have your support for a petition to be public, we recommend you do not sign the petition. If you do not wish to have your name displayed on a petition landing page, you may select the option not to display your name and comment publicly on the petition page.
- Where applicable, Your first name, last name, city and/or postcode, and the day that you signed will be shared with the person who initiated a petition on ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com that you have signed, even if you select the option not to display your name and comment publicly. This is extremely important for petition starters to demonstrate the legitimacy of their signatures to the decision-makers they are working to influence. If you do not wish to have this information shared with the person who who is being petitioned please do not sign the petition.
- The petition starter may choose to share your name and general geographic location with the intended decision maker who is the recipient of their petition. For example, the intended decision maker may be your congressman/woman when the petition concerns an issue relevant to him or her. If you do not wish to have this information shared with the petition recipient, you should not sign the petition.
- If you sign a petition started by an NGO or other organization, you will be presented with the option of sharing your email address with that NGO or organization to receive direct email updates from them (not via the platform) should you choose to provide your consent for such sharing. Such organizations are not ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com commercial partners and are in no way affiliated with ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com. Enabling our users to interact directly with organizations, if those users consent to this connection, is part of our goal of helping people to stay informed on the causes that matter to them. We may revoke an organization’s access to this option in response to reports of abuse.
b. Your connected social media platforms
- You may voluntarily share information on message boards, chats, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including the ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com pages on Facebook and other social media platforms). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to other ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com users, social media platform users and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information about yourself via the social sharing features of our platform. For more details regarding posting content to our platform, please see our Terms of Service.
c. Our business entities and service providers
We may share your information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners (“service providers”): We may share information about you with our service providers who process information to provide services to us or on our behalf. We have contracts with our service providers that prohibit them from sharing the information about you that they collect or receive with anyone else or from using such information for other purposes.
d. Legal & administrative obligations
We may use and disclose your personal information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- Fraud prevention: We may use and disclose the information we collect from and about our users as we believe necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, privacy, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
- Law enforcement purposes: If requested or required by government authorities such as law enforcement authorities, courts, regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law (which may include laws outside your country of residence), we may have to disclose information we have about our users. We also may use and disclose information collected about you in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Sale or merger of our company: We have no plans to sell our business. In this unlikely event, we may use, disclose, or transfer your personal information to a third party if we or any of our company affiliates are involved in a corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of assets, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
5. Your privacy choices
You can edit your privacy settings and the emails you receive from ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com at any time through our “Privacy & Preferences” page. If you want, you can ask us for the information we have about your account and even ask us to delete it all.
a. Account & email settings
When you sign a petition via our ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com platform, an account is created in our databases under your email address. As a part of signing up you agree to be added to Daily Element Media, LLC’s leading conservative email newsletter, ‘Wolf Daily’. If you no longer wish to receive email from Wolf Daily, please follow the instructions for unsubscribing at the bottom of any emails you receive. If you no longer wish to receive marketing-related emails from ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com going forward, you may opt out of receiving these by following the instructions contained in any such email or by writing us with your request at: unsubscribe@ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages (such as updates about your privacy, new petition notices, or service changes), from which you must opt out of explicitly by following the instructions at the bottom of the relevant email, or writing us at: unsubscribe@ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com, being specific in your request to be removed from both Marketing emails and Administrative emails. Writing “remove me”, “take me off your list” or any similar ambiguous request will result in being removed from Marketing emails only and Administrative emails will continue to be sent.
b. Accessing or deleting your information
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete personal information that has been previously provided to us by you, you may contact us with your request at: privacy@ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com.
c. Social media
You can edit or remove the permissions you have granted to ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com to use information from your social media accounts by using your application privacy settings on your social media account If you have signed in on ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com through Facebook connect, you are likely to have been cookied by Facebook. You can modify or change those cookies through the settings on your Facebook account. For more details on cookies, please see our Cookies Policy.
d. Third-party analytics companies & Cookies
We have provided details on the cookies we use and instructions for how you can opt out of these in our Cookies Policy, in the section titled “How do I manage Cookies?”.
6. Data retention & security
We take a lot of measures to protect your personal information. If you suspect someone else is using your account, let us know by contacting us at: privacy@ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect your personal information within our organization from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify our Data Protection Team at: dpt@ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purposes for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide our services to you, our legal obligations or whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
7. Cross-border transfers
ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com is a global organization. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the platform you consent to the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
8. Third-Party Services
We’re not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties linked to from our Platform.
9. California Consumer Privacy Act
a. What is CCPA?
At ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com, we have worked to ensure our practice is compliant with the requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The CCPA gives consumers the right to know when their personal information is being collected about them and for what purpose, the right to opt out of the sale of their data to third parties and the right to request that their data be deleted from any website they have used. The new law came into effect on January 1, 2020.
We are committed to being clear with our users about what personal information we collect, how we use it and their rights relating to accessing or deleting it.
The information we will provide to individual users on request will relate to data collected over the preceding 12 months. The information and product updates provided here reflect the CCPA as it currently stands and are subject to change based on updated regulations from the California Attorney General.
b. What categories and specific pieces of personal information do we collect about you?
c. What categories of sources from which the personal information is collected?
d. What is the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information?
e. Do we sell your personal information?
ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com does not sell the personal information of any of our users.
f. Do we pass on your data to third parties for a business purpose?
g. Your right to know about personal information collected or disclosed
You have the right to request a personal information report which details all of the data we hold about you from the last 12 months. We will confirm that we have received your request within 10 days.
You can contact us to request a personal information report by emailing us at dpt@ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com.
Where possible, we will provide your personal information report to you within 45 days. If we need more time to process your request we will contact you to let you know why and ensure that you receive your report no later than a further 45 days from the first deadline.
Your personal information report will contain the following data:
- Sources of information
- Purpose for which it was collected
- Third parties it was disclosed to
- Purpose for disclosure
To protect your personal information we have security measures in place to ensure that no one other than you can access your personal information report.
You have the right to delegate your request for a personal information report to an agent. If you do choose to use this method we will ask you to confirm your identity and that your agent has permission to act on your behalf.
h. Your right to request deletion of your personal information
You have the right to request the deletion of all of the personal information we hold about you. We will confirm that we have received your request within 10 days.
You can contact us to request deletion of your personal information by emailing us at dpt@ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com.
Within 45 days of your request we will delete all of the personal information we hold about you and send you a report detailing how we have completed your request. In some circumstances we may need to keep data because of legal obligations. We will not use this data for any business purpose.
You have the right to delegate your request for the deletion of your personal information to an agent. If you do choose to use this method we will ask you to confirm your identity and that your agent has permission to act on your behalf.
10. Policy updates & contacting us
This policy may change over time. We’ve included here our contact information, but the best way to get in touch with us is through our online Help Center.
We welcome questions, concerns, and feedback about this policy. If you have any suggestions for us, feel free to let us know by contacting our Help Desk. You can also write to the following address:
2234 N. Federal Hwy, Ste 3031
Boca Raton, FL 33431
We welcome questions, concerns, and feedback about this policy. If you have any suggestions for us, feel free to let us know by contacting our Help Desk.
You can contact our Help Desk for any data deletion or access requests. If you have detailed questions about ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com’s data usage, you may like to contact our Data Protection Team at dpt@ImpeachJoeBidenPetition.com.org
Because email or postal communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails or letters to us. You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for your country or region.